The Seoul International Cartoon Animation Festival (SICAF) holds a long history. The festival, with its long historical background on Korean Animation, seeks to harmonize traditional Animation with modern culture; it strives to make both technical and social changes within society.
audiences of all fields age groups. The team hops that all culture-and-arts fans can come and appreciate different genres of animation through SICAF2017, the best animation festival in Korea.
This year’s festival will be held in two locations: YOLO and THINK TWICE in order to not only show the visual and sensual pleasures of animation but also its social and cultural perspectives; it is set up to accommodate to audiences of all fields age groups. The team hops that all culture-and-arts fans can come and appreciate different genres of animation through SICAF2017, the best animation festival in Korea.
SICAF2017 IAFF VIEW POINT
1. YOLO theatre
– The theatre screens what the audience hopes to see. The genius animator who passed away at a young age: “Itokeikaku’s trilogy series,” Shinkai Makoto’s love series, “Kime no na” dubbed in Korean, Hirano toshiki’s series of “The Hokutoku Priesthood”- Director Jaehoon An’s serene, profund animation “The Road Called Life” will be screened.
2. Think Twice theatre
– The festival received around 2,550 submissions from 93 countries- 160 official competition films, and 70 special competition films were accepted through a selective process. The feature films stood out with topics of social matters- with its political twist on subjects, and , a film about war and children which was selceted by the Kahn. Also, with its creativeness stood out along with , a film directed by Leon Ding, director of three films for the Boonie Bear series.
3. 70th Anniversary of Polish Animation
– To celebrate the 70th anniversary of Polish animations, Witold Giersz and Daniel Szczechura’s best films will be screened. One can admire the monumental works by not only the two masters’, but also works of aspiring directors in Poland. It will be a place to look at Polish anmiation in various aspects: to compare the past and current animations of Poland.
4. World Focus
– This will be an opportunity to appreciate animations from the 2017 Czech Repubuc Anifilm Best. It will also screen animations epresenting the Czech Republic.
5. Family Focus
– A section where families can come together and enjoy animation. It will feature “The Beetles,” an animation which is being featured on Daum as a webtoon, an animation based on sorcery called “Hello Jeon Woo Chi,” a film farmilar to children called “Secret Diary of the Ring” and more domestic works along with a popular British Animation called “Octonaut 4” awaits the family audience.
6. SICAF Perspective
– The program will introduce Joop Geesink, an animation director from the Netherlands and his creative world. There will be an interview and the audience will have a chance to watch some of his animations.
Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival
대표자 : 김영두
사업자등록번호 : 106-82-10568
Tel : +82-2-3455-8441 Fax : +82-2-3455-8413
SICAF Organizing Committee (Film Festival Team) I A-203 Seoul Animation Center, 126 Sopa-ro, Jung-gu Seoul 100-250, Republic of Korea